Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

When you care enough to send the absolute minimum...

The other day on Facebook I posted this picture that I took in the Mother's Day greeting card at Party City in Annapolis.
There was some discussion about what could possibly be written in the card. I did take a look and it was some droning poem about there being "seasons and strife". I truly think I could do better:

  • Too old to be innocent/ too young to be Granny <OPEN CARD> your intuition should've have warned you/ I was seeing the Nanny.
  • A marriage is like a baseball game. There are ups and downs and sunny days and rain outs.. There are home runs and strike-outs and once in a while someone balks. But as we reach the final innings of our time together on this diamond, I want you to know...<OPEN CARD> that I've decided to call in a relief pitcher.
  • It's true. We've been through alot, you and I. But even as a phoenix is said to rise from it's ashes, I think there is something more for us to accomplish. I believe that our relationship is about to morph into something new and rewarding...a path that still may be open and welcome.  In fact, there are three simple and time-honored words that trumpet the arrival of my new found joy...<OPEN CARD> Temporary Restraining Order.
  • You're so fond of telling your friends, how I was the least of your suitors, <OPEN CARD> but I was smart enough to cheat with a waitress from Hooters.
  • Though  our relationship has been challenging, I find myself taking a step back and contemplating what a hole there would have been in my life without you <OPEN CARD> Aaaaahhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment